Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Kristin- I couldn't help jumping ahead!


I had a flash on Monday night of how I might use Ryan's Santa drawing on a quilt. He wasn't fitting into the Merry Christmas quilt as I envisioned it, so I decided to make a mini quilt just for him. The words went quickly. I plan to use applique and embroidery to transfer the Santa image to the quilt and he'll be on a round piece of the lighter fabric so he'll show up. I also want to have Ryan draw a tree so I can add that on the left. The letters will have more background fabric added and then I'll applique them on, rather than piece it so I can preserve the plaid pattern on the red fabric.

6 comments:

Laura said...

This is adorable. What a great idea!

Donna said...

great job!

jmb_craftypickle said...

This is really cool...great idea!

Helen said...

Very, very cute!

Sandy's Quilter's Block said...

What a wonderful Santa! This is going to be really cute and a true keepsake!

Rose Marie said...

What a keepsake you have going here ... love the idea!