Friday, November 9, 2007

Admin Stuff

Tonya here.

I adore you guys. I really do. Such a quick response. I did learn a lesson really fast - loads of you are no-reply and it can be hard to try and track down info. So I now need you to send me an email if you want to be a part of the class - I've listed the info I need in the sticky Welcome post. If you have already received your invitation to the blog, you need do nothing. Haven't heard from me and you're not listed in the sidebar? Send me an email.

Welcome to the class. It will be very informal. No big surprise there. I don't do formal or structured. Print out any tutorial you might need - those are your how-to's. If you need more details or are stuck, please please please ask. Either I will have something for you or one of your classmates is sure to lend a hand.

You're working at your own pace, but I'd say the goal is to have a quilt top (wallhanging or doll quilt sized) by the end of the month. Sometimes it can help to have a deadline. That's not to say you can't take longer or make your quilt bigger. Follow whichever "rules" of the class you choose to. I plan to keep the blog open until the end of February - that's the end of winter as far as I'm concerned.

If I write any posts I think you all should see, I'll list them in the sidebar.

I'd love to see an introduction from each of you who have joined the class blog. Just say a little about yourself and let us know if you have a blog elsewhere. Also, are you planning a winter quilt or Christmas? Do you have any ideas that you're anxious to start on? (I've seen some great ones in the comments). What does Christmas/winter mean to you? Just throw some thoughts down in a post either here or on your own blog.

I've already heard some great ideas for quilts. Just dive right on it and see where it takes you.

Admin: Please start every post with your name - it can get very confusing when there are this many people in the same blog. Also, create a label that you will throw on all of your posts.

If you're unfamiliar with using Blogger, it has a great help function. See "help" in the upper right hand corner? You can search on "label" and it will tell you what it is and how to use it.

That's all I can think of at the moment. Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments: