Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I want to play too!


Eee gads I go away for a short trip and come back to find Tonya is doing something fun again. I most certainly want to join in the fun! I know I won’t get mine done before Christmas as I just have way to many things on my plate at the moment but I was able to form my idea onto paper this weekend and don’t think it will take too much to execute it. My friends and I have taken a liking to Lemon Drop Martini’s. Because of this our annual Florida trip this year became the Itsy Bitsy Teeny Weeny Yellow Polka Dot Martini trip. My friend Marguerite drew up the martini block and we all made one up and had a drawing for the winner. I wasn’t the lucky one but decided on the spot that I had to have my own Yellow polka dot martini quilt so Tonya’s challenge gives me that opportunity. I love all the ideas so far, isn’t Tonya the best in offering this to us all!
Now to find the perfect limey green/red polka dot fabric for my border before my vacation the week after Christmas!

9 comments:

QuiltingFitzy said...

How cute is that!!

I plan to do ALOT of sewing over the next few days! I'm way behind too.

Donna said...

what a fun quilt idea!

jenclair said...

This is both fun and such a personal reminder of a good experience. I love that you were able to combine the two!

Rose Marie said...

A great idea and we'll be looking forward to seeing this come together in the new year!

Tonya Ricucci said...

So happy you're playing. Looks like so much fun and actually pretty straightforward to piece. Or applique for that matter.

Helen in the UK said...

Love the design :)

Heidi said...

love the design too, and the colors !

Kristin Shields said...

I love it! I think it ought to mention the whole itsy bitsy phrase too though!!

Helen said...

That is a very fun design!