I have now finished my letters, and had great difficulty with the es. I did one before and it turned out fine, but obviously that was a fluke! Anyway, a bit of unpicking (the back of the first one has a great nest of threads on it with the repeated unpicking and resewing!) and then chopping solved the problem and now I'm happy enough with them. I didn't want to write 'Goodwill to all men' with a feminist daughter in the house, so changed it to people, which is less contentious. I've chosen the red fabric for a border round the houses, so will try and get on with that today. If the people we have visiting have to sign the snow under the houses, I think I need deeper snow. So, here goes with the unpicker again!