Monday, December 3, 2007

Ta Daa!



Hello it's me, Sandy, after 3 Christmas music CD's and many trips to the ironing board......

Here it is; top completed. I stuck with it and didn't put it aside too long. That's probably how I end up with so many UFO's to begin with. But, in the coming days I will get this sandwiched and quilted (machine quilted, that is). Thanks for the comments about changing my letters, especially the W. I like this much better than having them all slammed together. Adding the background fabric to the sides of each letter really helped a lot.

Am busy making gift breads today and tomorrow so will have to wait to finish it until midweek.




11 comments:

Heidi said...

What a happy quilt. It makes you smile, when you look at it !!!
And the letters are great now.

jude said...

the red border really makes it snap. i love it it make me feel good!

Carol E. said...

Very nice top! I love it, and I agree the red border is perfect.

Rose Marie said...

Love your trees and how they look like they are laden down with lots of snow. Great top!

Donna said...

you've done a great job of sticking with it... I really really like that one tree with a lighter background -- adds a little surprise to the top :-)

Laura said...

Wow Sandy how awesome is that! I just love it. And you get to say it is all yours~!

Tracey in CT said...

Very nice!

antique quilter said...

Love your snowflakes, oh I have to try those...
great design . the red border is perfect, just brightens up the whole quilt
Kathie

kimberlym said...

I think your snowman is so cute! It looks great!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Great top, Sandy. Glad you stuck with it and got it just right so that you're happy with it. Now don't forget about finishing it.

Lisa said...

That's very cute. It looks so cold - the fabrics have a real ice-like texture.