Friday, December 7, 2007

Quilting is Done!



I quilted my Pa Rum Pa Pum Pum top and today I finished the binding! I did a machine free-motion version of clamshells, I guess you could call it. Lumps of some kind.. and it looks ok! My stitches are uneven as I have not done this particular free-motion style of quilting before and need more practice, but I'm happy with the end result anyway. Like someone else said, the "lumps" suggest snow piles.

I have re-glued the drumsticks and tomorrow will work on attaching the mittens. I'm so excited that I made this and finished it in a short time! Thanks for the fun and inspirational class, Tonya. I hope soon to share my photo of the completely done quilt.

2 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Woohoo, it's great. I think holiday projects are the perfect time to try out new things, such as your quilting stitches. you'll have this project up on the wall in no time, enjoying it and loving it for the sentiment.

jude said...

i love this... it is so honestly simple. isn't this fun?