Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Sara Ho joining in


Just saw the link to this class from Tonya's Blog. Looks like a lot of fun, and I've been needing a push to get me more FREE in my piecing. I made an attempt with some of the stars in this top, which isn't finished to my eyes. Now I am thinking what it needs is the word "Follow the Star".
Would that be OK with the judges? I haven't done letters before, so it seems like a challenge to me.
About me? I am working on using up my stash making charity quilts, lots from Bonnie's patterns on Quiltville. They mostly go to Lakotah people on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota. I am retired and live in Grand Rapids, Michigan on 4 acres and a little lake with my husband who is an Episcopal priest, not retired, and our dog, Zeke. We have two grown kids and three grands in St. Louis, MO.
Sara

8 comments:

Donna said...

What a great top! I love the lightening block :-)

Kristin Shields said...

Welcome Sara! Your quilt is fantastic and I'm sure the words would make it even better. I look forward to more!

Tonya Ricucci said...

wheeee, so much fun. love your free-form bursting stars. great. words will be fabulous. glad to have you in the class.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Welcome Sara!

Don't know about the others, but I'm swamped with holiday stuff. I'll work on mine on Christmas day, and hopefully finish it in January.

Love those stars!

Lynda said...

Judges? What judges? All we have here Sara is quilting enthusiasts to encourage each other! (Great stars, by the way, and the words, 'Follow that star' will be great. Good plan not to have any 'e's - they're very tricky!)

Heidi said...

Welcome from Germany. What a beautiful top and what a great idea 'follow the star ' is.

Rose Marie said...

Welcome and what a great 'show' for us! Great stars and the wording will that extra touch. Love your fabric choices!

jude said...

i LOVE this. and follow that star is perfect. i like the way this is a wonky version of traditional blocks, yes!