Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm a Fan of this Project

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments on my earlier posts. I'm making progress with quilting the free hand fans, although they are not terribly uniform in size or shape. I'm telling myself they resemble snowbanks. Here is the pinned quilt not quite half quilted.

I will concede one point to the quilt police -- if you trim or graduate seam allowances, its easier to quilt. I'm not a fan of stab stitching, so I'm not going to quilt over the letters. Next time I would be more careful with multiple layers.
That said, it's been a great project. I'm hoping another week at it will get it to the binding stage, and then up on the wall for the holidays.

Brenda from snowy Winnipeg

5 comments:

Heidi said...

It's such a beauty ! And on the closeup it's even more beautiful

Rose Marie said...

Love the handquilting! I was wondering what to do about the letters on my quilt and the multiple layers. Something to think about.

Carol E. said...

It looks fantastic! Congratulations on a gorgeous project.

Tonya Ricucci said...

your quilting is wonderful. It adds wonderful depth. great job.

Gillian said...

I like the way your letters seem to dance in the middle of the regular frame.