Saturday, December 1, 2007

Gillian - solving some problems

It's good to leave a piece of work on the floor of the spare room for some days. And it's good to have a picture of it here. Sometimes, over the days, a new perspective arrives.

Looking at my crazy xmas stocking piece, I could see that it would be easy to break up the long line that was appearing by slicing through the whole piece and making a new angle. So I did!



I have also made progress on some of those set-in angles. I found I could unpick an end of a seam, add the new piece, and re-sew the old seam incorporating the new piece.

Then I squared off two sides, so now I can see more clearly where it is going.

Feels like progress!

3 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

looks fabulous. glad you've figured out a way to make all your crazy angles work.

Hilsen Bodil F.T. said...

you really did have som very smashing ideas here on your blog!!

jude said...

these look like they are walking!