Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gillian - finished piecing

I spent a couple of hours finishing the piecing on these simple stockings. I have to say that I'm not enjoying the process much at all, and I don't particularly like the crazy effect. Just not my thing. So, when I started to play with making the word JOY, I quickly decided to skip that bit, finish the piecing and be done with it. This is how it looks now.


Then this evening I sat down to hand quilt all over it in perle thread. Aahhh.. .. what a relief. I enjoy this part of it. I hope that the all-over close quilting will smooth out the discordance of the angles. I'll use red thread to sew strings for the stockings to hang from. And there may be more embellishment to add. This will be the fun bit.



This could take a while.

5 comments:

jude said...

ahhh, i love how the stitches transform a surface!

Carol E. said...

I like the movement in this quilt. The stockings are almost swinging in a breeze. I'm excited to see it when you have it all quilted and embellished. It'll be a jewel!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Oh I LOVE the crazy look of it. I can see why it would make you crazy to piece it, but now it's just stunning. You could stem stitch the word JOY through all the layers. the quilting looks beautiful. gorgeous work.

Rose Marie said...

Love what you've done so far and looking forward to seeing it all quilted up!

Heidi said...

I love the colors and the idea and the crazy touch.