Monday, December 3, 2007

'tis the season to be silly



It looks crowded, but the elements are more or less here. Still need to do the fiddly stuff and make Santa and the reindeer. Still need to arrange the layout. I'm stumped about where I'm going to take it from here so I'm going to leave it for a few days. I'm not really fussed because this is for my mom and I know that even if it looks like trash she will still think it's awesome. I ditched the HAPPY that I put on the blog earlier. Sometime later I'll make the CHRISTMAS to go with it and make a banner for my MIL.

I'm going home to be with my family for Christmas for the first time in 3 years and I'm pretty stoked. Fellow expats, you know what holidays can be like when you are abroad. My husband and I always have a great Christmas, but there's nothing like being in the same house with family. And it always seems a little extra weird because with all the time zones between us Christmas Day for my family is the day after for me. My mom and I have plans to shut ourselves away and sew, and I need to get last pieces cut for the many UFOs I have so I can take them with me and we can finish while together. I'm going to spend a few days cutting and thinking about this SILLY wallhanging.

5 comments:

Donna said...

Now that I get it I love it! I couldn't figure out the SILLY for love nor money though.... must just be the exhaustion showing. The sailboards are great!

Heather said...

I've heard a lot of people around here refer to the December-January period as the Silly Season. I don't think anybody gets any real work done in those 2 months -- or we don't at my office anyway. Everybody goes on holiday. Or chucks a sickie.

Anyway, I thought the twist on the the old saying was fitting for a quit that has surfing reindeer.

Tonya Ricucci said...

your letters are fantastic. I love the "font." so much fun. christmas at home sounds wonderful, and esp the part about sewing with your mom.

Rose Marie said...

Love your ideas and can't wait to see what you do with it next!

Gillian said...

Yes, I like this a lot... very summery. A southern hemisphere xmas!

Love your fat letters.