Monday, December 3, 2007

Rose Marie-Winter again

I’m getting closer to assembling my Winter quilt. Just a bit more on the bottom section and then the sides can be sewn together.

For the q ..... I made a bit bigger tail and am happy with the way it looks now.

When I first started this quilt, the colour choice became evident after going through all my winter fabrics. There was a lot of blues with snowflakes on them. I’m amazed how over the years, I seem to have accumulated a lot of this colour fabric and how perfect they are for this quilt. Snowflakes are the theme, and even the red fabric in the house has some printed on it.

The bottom section will be put together using up all the scraps from making the trees. Waste not! Putting these pieces together is like making a crumb or crazy quilt. Looking at the photo, it is interesting how they pick up shadows and dips and valleys in the landscape.

There are some blank areas which will have embroidery later.

Yes ..... I’m very happy with the way this quilt has evolved.
Have a good day!

9 comments:

Donna said...

I love the crumb/crazy quilt blocks using up the "bits" -- adds real depth to the snow :-)

Laura said...

This is such a fantastic quilt, I have enjoyed watching it come together.

Tracey in CT said...

Very nice!!!

antique quilter said...

YOur quilt is just so beautiful, I like your letters a lot and the icicles are amazing!!!!
I really love it.
the colors / fabrics are perfect you have captured winter for sure!
Kathie

jmb_craftypickle said...

this is an amazing piece...so wonderful...about what size is it??

Sandy's Quilter's Block said...

It's coming together so nicely and your letters look wonderful. The Q looks better to me. Good work!
:o)

Tonya Ricucci said...

beautiful job. I love that bottom part with the simple trees and crumby snow. wonderful.

comicbooklady said...

Super! I love that little bit of red on the house, just like the red centres of a log cabin quilt symbolizing the warm hearth! Our weather predictions are 20cm of snow for the next 3 days! Your quilt looks like how I feel!

Carol E. said...

I love your quilt and love how the red house pops out, as comicbooklady said.. it looks inviting and warm. Great quilt!