Wednesday, December 5, 2007

All layered up!

I have finally managed to layer the quilt up, and am now busy quilting it. I was inspired by Tonya's wonderful and whimsical hand quilting to do some of that (I usually do the bulk of it by machine) but as December rolls on, I am regretting this idea! I think I'll complete the bits I've started - you can't see it, but I'm quilting the sky in swirly cloud shapes - put the binding on, and then add more quilting as time goes on. I want to display it in my dining room for people to sign, so can't take too long over it.

4 comments:

Carol E. said...

Another one with such nice lettering! I like how they all bounce around... what do you mean that people will sign this? Where?

Tonya Ricucci said...

that sounds like a great idea. I've finished the quilting with the binding on without a problem. Or you could machine quilt in the ditch to get everything stabilized, add binding and then do the fun quilting as you have time. No reason to not combine both kinds of quilting.

Lisa said...

Hey that's cute - I love the people in the houses. Good luck with the quilting.

Rose Marie said...

..... or you can just put your quilt up as is and have people sign it and then finish quilting later. This way, your guests will be able to see the before and after the next time they visit you.