Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Today's post brought to you by the letter O - Annie

Well, I didn't get as far as I would have liked but I did get a couple of o's done for the word Okemo. Here are my o's!



This next picture is what I am working on.
I am going to add four resorts around the center and then the additional ones will be pieced in with the blocks or maybe as part of the border. The blocks you see I made back in 198??? as my first try at quilting. They should measure 6" but some are smaller and some are definitely larger soo I am going to add strips all around and then cut them on an angle so they will look like snowflakes. I have 15 white and 15 blue. I'd like to make this lap size for my son to have at his place which is wherever the snow flies!

My goal is to get two ski resort words done this week. Okemo will be one and maybe Burke since that's a short one! LOL


5 comments:

Diane said...

wow, what a great use of a "resurfaced" project. The center is awesome and I like the snowflake idea.

Heidi said...

it will be gorgeous ! I bet he'll love it.

Tonya Ricucci said...

isn't it great to not worry about exact sizes of blocks? I'm hand quilting on blocks from 1988 myself...

Lynda said...

How sensible to use up blocks which have been waiting to star (sorry about the pun) in a quilt for a while. They will look perfect with borders round them. Can't wait to see them.

Carol E. said...

It's going to be a beautiful, snowy quilt! Can't wait to see it finished.