Friday, January 18, 2008

It's finished

I took the advice that lots of you kindly gave me and didn't put any borders on the quilt. This decision was made easier by finding a striped fabric that I fell in love with so I used to make a wide binding. Hopefully you can see the quilting if you click on the photo and expand it, though it's just a simple stipple.


I have a huge sense of accomplishment about finishing this quilt. It feels so good to look at it and think *I designed that, I made it and I quilted it*. Sure there are things I would change but I am proud that it is all my one work. I can't thank Tonya enough for giving me the opportunity to challenge myself in this way. And also everyone who has left comments - thank you for the encouragement.

The big question is.... what next?

8 comments:

antique quilter said...

great quilt!
I love the saying and the world underneath it...
all those trees and the colors you used are beautiful.

QuiltingFitzy said...

Whatever you can dream...is next.

Fabulous job Lisa. I LOVE your world.

Brenda said...

It's really a joyful quilt! I just want to know how big it is, since I don't have a sense from the picture. for the record, mine in the post below is about 37 by 28 inches.

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fantastic!!! That striped binding is wonderful - excellent choice. You should be so proud of yourself - I am proud of you. Everything about this quilt sings.

zizzybob said...

What's next? Valentines Day, St Patty's Day, April Showers, May Flowers, June Weddings, 4th of July......oh you get the picture.
BTW, your quilt turned out great.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You should be pleased and proud..the quilt is lovely.

SandyQuilts said...

I love using strip fabric for binding ... it makes a quilt so much more interesting. By the way I love that quilt.

Carol E. said...

That binding is perfect, and I just love this quilt.