Monday, January 7, 2008

It's a flimsy

It's been while since I posted progress on my *Joy* quilt. I originally made my words in December but the colours didn't work. I had to order more fabric and then the silly season got in the way. It's only now that I've sat down and worked on it again.


I could use some advice... does it need a border on the top or right to finish it off? Maybe something narrow? Maybe this is just the *traditional* coming out in me - VBG.

I've had so much fun putting this together. Thanks Tonya for the class!!!

10 comments:

Donna said...

my vote would say a binding would be border enough...

Kristin Shields said...

Ooh, I love this! I like it just the way it is. The earth down there is so cool!

jenclair said...

I agree with quilt pixie. I love the "border" you have!

Heidi said...

What a great theme ! And I too think, that binding would be enough border. Maybe green ?

Rose Marie said...

You could put on a border, but it sure looks goods as is. Love what you've done!

Tonya Ricucci said...

Fantastic job, Lisa. It's wonderful.I'm still in love with those presents. I think it looks marvelous just as it is too. Big wooohoo!!!

McIrish Annie said...

no border, i like the offcenterness (is that a word!??) and the bit of the world showing. nice job@!

jmb_craftypickle said...

I like the binding as border and the asymetry is Wonderful. I love your colors, it looks so nice.

Carol E. said...

Love it as is! Ignore that traditional voice that is whispering to you. It's super duper.

Diane said...

I'm a big proponent of breaking the "rules" -- Leave it as it is! I love your earth.