Friday, February 22, 2008

Just snowballing along ....

Well ..... here I am a couple of weeks later and my quilt is not finished; but I do have something to show you.

I have to admit ..... I really do like the free form fans using just a marker and no stencil. The fans were drawn randomly and some had to be touched up a bit. Sure makes life a lot easier and the effect for this frozen lake gives the illusion of snow drifts and ridges.

My quilt has the combination of hand quilting and machine quilting. I'm in love with stipple machine quilting and it is being used throughout.

Haven't decided on a name yet for my quilt. Tonya wondered if it might be 'squeaky snow'. :o) Heard a lot of that lately and each time the noise made me smile. I'm open to suggestions for a name; but you might want to wait until you see the rest of the quilt.

Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Tonya Ricucci said...

Wheeee, looks fabulous. I love your hand quilting. the fans are wonderful and so are the tree shapes up above that. I love how you combined the machine quilting with the hand quilting.

QuiltingFitzy said...

I love your fans! It gave the hillside SO much texture.

Brenda said...

I think it all looks great -- the strippling, the tree shapes, and the fans.

jmb_craftypickle said...

This is a pretty sweet quilt! I just love the blue trees and the fan quilting area is wonderful.

Carol E. said...

Your quilting is beautiful! Can you name it Winter? Squeak? Beauty and the Brrr?

Heidi said...

maybe white squeakmas ? :-)
Love it. You did a great job !